With back-to-back holidays (Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, 4th of July, summer vacation, new school year, etc), small businesses are adjusting their focus to cater to a market of vacationers, shoppers, and those who just love to celebrate a good deal in honor of any special event. Summer marketing schedules are being finalized for Dukky clients making it a great time to shine the light on how to leverage the upcoming holidays to increase sales and customer engagement for those who are still in need of some ideas.
Everyone loves a party. Regardless the reason behind it, people love to be invited and included in on special events and savings from friends and retailers. That makes this upcoming season of celebrations the perfect opportunity to zone in on a few major business goals and run consistent marketing promotions to accomplish them. While other businesses are vacationing, here’s your chance to set yourself up for a great third and fourth quarter.
How to maximize a summer of marketing
1) Identify attainable and clear cut goals
- grow your email list
- increase social media presence
- master the art of multi-channel marketing campaigns
- identify the brand influencers in your customer database
- track/analyze all marketing channels to see which have highest ROI
- add social sharing components to all marketing
- centralize customer database to capture customer information/demographics from all marketing channels – email, website, facebook, twitter, online ads, blog, partner sites, tv, radio, etc
Write out your marketing goals for the next fews months and hone in on your top 3. Now, let’s start planning.
2) Create a marketing calendar
Organized people get more accomplished, it’s a fact. Not because they are just innately more awesome, but because they create a clear road map to accomplish and reach their goals. You’ve got a lot going on, we all do, and it can sometimes feel like you don’t even have enough time to make a plan. Truth is you cannot afford to not take the time to create a plan.
Take a few minutes and jot down some ideas for promotions/ideas that work well with your business and can play off the upcoming holidays. Here’s a few examples:
- offer a discount – $15 off of $50 purchase or $10 off a giftcard for mom’s (make it easy for the men while they are shopping for their wives/mom)
- buy one get one free off of products/services
- Enter to win a gift/vacation/free services/products. Hint: Dad’s love giveaways. Mom’s love coupons and winning things for their family. Put together a man cave giveaway collection or something sports/hunting themed all dad’s would love.
Memorial Day/4th of July
- Tax free shopping day (Retail companies LOVE this one)
- Discounts/coupons to honor veterans
- Giveaway for military family – Win a vacation, free service, products, etc
Back to School/Football
- Run a back to school special with discounts/promotions for moms who are busy running around with their little one’s
- Tailgating giveaway package
- Local sporting event tickets or game day gift
- Shopping Spree giveaway
3) Run back to back promotions
We don’t believe in one hit wonders, we believe in creating marketing momentum that your customers can hop on to engage with you consistently. Plan 3 to 4 back to back promotions to keep customers engaged and active. This also provides you content you can consistently be sharing and pushing across your marketing the channels.
Hint: Change up your poll questions in each campaign to expand your market/product research and specifically ask questions that you can follow up with in targeted manners.
4) Celebrate the winners
At the close of each campaign be sure to highlight on your marketing channels the winners. This validates the promotion to those who entered and is the perfect set up to mention your next upcoming promotion.
5) Mix it up
Don’t be afraid to try new promotions/offers with your audience in order to expand your customer database. Just because you’ve never run a coupon deal or giveaway doesn’t mean you shouldn’t ever try in order to reach your goals. Gathering new customers and an expanded reach during busy times can help prepare your business to manage and grow during slower seasons. Nurturing new customers can lead to new sales.
6) Track your progress
Dukky’s analytics dashboard makes it easy to monitor and track each promotion’s activity and success. Knowing your numbers from month to month will allow you to see what’s working and which offers and deals your customers are the most responsive to. When you know better, you do better but you have to KNOW better to be able to see change.
This upcoming marketing season is the perfect opportunity for your business to focus and hone in on some important goals to see growth, expansion and increase in sales, your customer database and marketing engagement.
If you feel like you need more hands on help to get started, feel free to give us a call at 1-888-662-9096 to jumpstart your marketing success or email us at email@example.com